Communities and Local Government
Veterans Policy Unit
Service Personnel and Veterans Agency
Ex-Service Action Group on Homelessness
Directory Services (help, advice, support, accomodation etc)
Project Compass exists to help homeless ex-service personnel back into work. We provide personal development courses and career training to improve self esteem and increase employability.
Project Compass aims to help homeless ex-Service personnel who have the potential to return to sustained employment. It provides personal development courses and career training to improve self-esteem and increase employability.
Project Compass was established by the Ministry of Defence, KPMG and Business in the Community to help ex-Service personnel who are unemployed, living in temporary accommodation and at risk of homelessness. The ultimate goal is to help ex-Service clients gain the right training, experience and opportunity to secure sustained employment in their chosen career.
Project Compass works with ex-Service men and women who:
- Wish to get back into employment
- Have no current drug, alcohol or mental health issues
- Have been living a relatively stable life for the past six months
- Are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Bespoke training, careers advice and employment support
- Tailored pre-employment training programmes to build self-esteem and communications skills
- Work placements with companies such as Freshfields, Royal Mail, Chelsea Football Club and Bain & Co.
- Job coaches
- Referrals to other support agencies such as Combat Stress
‘The MOD has a duty of care to those who have served in the Armed Forces. Project Compass, with its partnership approach, is a benchmark in breaking the cycle of homelessness and unemployment amongst socially excluded ex-Service personnel.’
Air Marshal Pocock CVO Ministry of Defence
Partner organisations are:
Business in the Community
Ministry of Defence
The Royal British Legion
Sir Oswald Stoll Foundation
We also get funding from organisations such as
Companies providing placements and job coaches include:
Bain & Co.
57 Banstead Court
London W12 0QJ
020 8811 2767