Service Personnel & Veterans Agency Logo

Veterans-UK Logo

Welcome to the Veterans UK website - Free Veterans Helpline 0800 169 22 77

Pensions / Compensation

War Pensions Scheme

Am I eligible to claim?
How do I claim?
What is the claim process?
How will I be paid?
Supplementary Allowances
What if I disagree with your decision?

Am I eligible to claim?

War Disablement Pension I War Widow's / Widower's Pension

War Disablement Pension
You can claim a War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme if you are no longer Serving in HM Armed Forces and your claimed disablement arose before 6 April 2005.
You can also claim under the War Pensions Scheme if you were;

Where disablement was caused by Service in HM Armed Forces on or after 6th April 2005, claims should be made under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.

Top of page