Veterans task force
The Veterans Task Force meets bi-annually and is chaired by the Minister for Veterans. It was established with the objective of ensuring an integrated Government policy towards the country's veterans, that effectively addresses their needs and improves the services provided for them. Its Terms of Reference are:
- To ensure that the policies of individual Government Departments and of Devolved Administrations are co-ordinated to produce a coherent and integrated response to veterans needs and concerns.
- To identify and prioritise areas of particular need within the veterans community and develop policies to address these, as appropriate, focusing in particular on the most vulnerable.
- To improve co-operation between Government and veterans organisations, seeking to ensure that Government policies address the reasonable concerns of veterans and that the work of veterans organisations is supportive of, or at least consistent with, Government policies.
- To ensure that the Government's current support and future plans for veterans is effectively understood by them.
- To ensure that the contribution of ex-Service personnel is appropriately recognised at the national and the individual level within the country.
The Task Force is chaired by the Minister for Veterans, and consists of representatives from the Confederation Of British Service and Ex-Service Organisations and Minister's from the following Government Departments:
Ministry of Defence
Department for Constitutional Affairs
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Department for Education and Skills
Department of Work and Pensions
Her Majesty's Treasury
Department of Health
Department for Culture, Media and Sport
The Devolved Administrations of Scotland and Wales
Northern Ireland Office
Local Government Association