Veterans-UK Logo

Welcome to the Veterans UK website - Free Veterans Helpline 0800 169 22 77

Veterans Welfare Service

Agreement has been given by the Chief Executive to change the name of the War Pensioners' Welfare Service to the Veterans Welfare Service. The new name reflects the unified service to veterans under Veterans-UK and the rebranding of the Welfare Service will be implemented gradually over a period of time.

The main role of the Veterans Welfare Service is to give advice, guidance and practical help to War Disablement Pensioners and War Widows/Widowers.

War Disablement Pensioners and War Widows/Widowers are entitled to help if currently in receipt of a regular War Pension and even if a gratuity payment has been paid previously for any accepted disablement. The welfare service also provides help to people who are in the process of claiming under the War Pensions Scheme or the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.

The welfare service will try to help with any kind of problem veterans may have. It does not have to be directly related to disablement or Service in HM Armed Forces.

Regional Welfare Managers throughout the United Kingdom are responsible for ensuring that welfare managers provide the services as required. Each regional office is also supported by administrative staff and a network of volunteer visitors.

The welfare service works closely with all the main ex-Service organisations and by doing this, ensures veterans and their dependants can access a wide range of advice and help.

Seriously Injured Leavers Protocol
Notification of a Seriously Injured Leaver (Welfare 11)
How to Contact the Veterans Welfare Service
Statement of Purpose
Services Provided
Service Personnel and Veterans Agency Mobile Unit
Ilford Park Polish Home (IPPH)
- English Version
- Polish Version


Top of page